Sunday, September 24, 2006

Works in progress:
1) Samus from Knitty, with a two-color stranded cabled band of burgundy on gray Cascade Eco Wool, on size 10 needles, size 9 for the body. I'll have to resize the whole body, but the band looks so nice I just don't care. (In progress since fall 2006... what month I have since forgotten, but I was working on the bottom band in Boston last fall, 8/23/06, so I must have started it early or mid-August, shortly after arriving in Bloomington.)
2) Two-color brioche scarf for me, handspun blue two-ply yarn and Brown Sheep Naturespun in Ash, double-stranded on size 13 needles. Started 12/14/06?
3) Fleece-Stuffed Mittens from Favorite Mittens book, started 1/12/07. Size Adult M.
4) Twinkle Shopping Tunic ripoff with Hyacinth Violet Lopi on size 15 needles, started 3/8/07.
5) Seafoam scarf for Mom, Louisa Harding Impression Color 07, Lot 29 (84% nylon and 16% mohair, 50g/154yds/140m, 5sts/", size 6 needle)--soft mallard duck colors of teal, white, brown, and here and there a royal purple, with a soft taupe mohair carried along with it. 26 sts on size 8 needles. Stitch pattern: Rows 1, 2, knit. Row 3, k6, *yo 2, k1, yo 3, k1, yo 4, k1, yo 3, k1, yo 2, k6* to end of row. Row 4, knit, dropping all YOs from needle. Rows 5 and 6, same as 1 and 2. Row 7, same as row 3, but start with k1 instead of k6. Row 8, same as row 4. Started 5/9. Stalled 6/3 because I ran out of yarn after knitting in the car and I left the second skein of this at home.
6) Chunky alpaca scarf, http://www.cs.oswego.edu/~ebozak/knit/esb-patterns/thermal-scarf.html, size 10.5 needles, Misti Alpaca Chunky in brown and navy. Not coming out that great (as far as I can tell by the bad night lighting), so I may need to rip and re-knit with a different pattern, maybe even just stripes.
7) Pomatomus socks, started 5/11/07, size 3 needles, sock 1 finished 8/2/07 in the car on the way to Cleveland. Purple and gray Koigu.
8) Reverse-engineed Orangina in pale green Dalegarn Svale, color 9012, dye lot 7836. I got this for a few bucks a skein from Wild String's closing sale. It's a bit too lite-and-brite for me, but I'll try to think of it as a spring-leafy color. I am knitting 10 repeats of the vine lace panel on my size 3 Boyes--this should hopefully be about 16" for each piece. Will work front and back identically to about 14" (or whatever seems to be a good length) and join to work either 3x3 ribbing or 2x2 ribbing in the round on size 2s. The pattern calls for 3x3, but I accidentally swatched in 2x2 and it seems to flow out of the vine lace pattern pretty well that way. Started 6/6/07.