Sunday, September 24, 2006

Yarn to do something with:
- Sweater's worth of green Silky Wool: Phildar swing jacket
- Sweater's worth of sage green Peru Luxury DK: something (Jess?) for Patty
- Sweater's worth of burgundy Peru Luxury DK: Somewhat Cowl
- Sweater's worth of pale blue Jaeger merino DK with one ball of mushroom brown: Jemima
- Sweater's worth of lavender chunky Lopi: in progress--shopping tunic; maybe something else
- handspun DK gray wool
- handspun DK white merino
- handspun chunky brown alpaca
- handspun, hand-dyed red chunky wool: handwarmers
- 1 skein gray Artfibers Ming: Moebius Cowl
- 3? skeins pink Artfibers Tsuki: Butterfly
- less than 1 skein lavender Artfibers Tsuki: Branching Out
- 1.5 skeins Painted Iris Kid Merino
- 2 skeins lavender Koigu: Pomatomus
- 1 skein blue Trekking: Bayerische socks
- 5 skeins red Cascade Indulgence: keyhole top
- recycled yarn from: cream wool sweater, turquoise silk sweater, tan silk sweater
- 3 skeins silver Touch Me: another reworked Vintage Velvet?
- One skein of Noro Aurora. If I can't think of anything else, I'll make another Dream Swatch with it. But that doesn't seem imaginative. Maybe a lace scarf would be nicer. I'm using it in a little scarf now in Ivy stitch, but have stalled, uninspired--started thinking that perhaps I could hold this together with leftover Eco Wool in one strand of a two-strand twisted cable and it would look quite pretty.
- A sweater's worth of gray Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran, and one skein of gorgeously azure Kyoto from Artfibers. I am thinking I'll do a monochromatic but indulgent Fair Isle-style sweater with these two, and maybe other blue and green scraps as well.
- A small sweater's worth of orange, blush, and yellow yarn in the form of a free sweater picked up off the street. I've been meaning to make a scarf and hat set from this, but need to frog and straighten it first, and find just the right pattern.
- Two cones of pale blue, fuzzy acrylic yarn from Yarns Unlimited. I got this really cheap and one of these days I'll cast on with it for Belle Epoque from Knitty. I've been hesitating because it's such a big project.
- A sweater's worth of soft turquoise mohair from a big sale at Greenwich Yarns. Since purchasing the possum yarn (see below) I have decided to scrap the idea of using this for the Greek Pullover, and instead do an asymmetrical raglan split-neck cardigan with big wooden buttons.
- About 2000 yards of beautifully soft cream alpaca purchased for $25/10 skeins off Craigslist. Mmmm. I think I might make Rogue with this.
- Two skeins of laceweight alpaca from Knitpicks (purchased used, cheap). I will use this to make a triangle shawl for my grandma in the lace knitting class I'm taking now.
- Two skeins purple, black, and white Regia self-striping sock yarn. I will make my first socks with this, one of these days.
added after my visit to Sheep Street:
- Leftover Misti Alpaca and lavender yarn to make mittens with (I think)

PARTLY USED UP
- Navy fingering wool and nylon to hold together for a couple of new Odessa hats
- Seven skeins of burgundy Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed. I think I am going to knit a capelet of my own design with this. I was disappointed because the color didn't match for the Samus I had wanted to make, and the yarn seems very stiff and twine-like. I don't know if it will work for the capelet, either, but we'll see.
- About 500 yards of sage green dishcloth cotton from a swap on Knittyboard. I need to find a non-garish pink cotton to go with it so that I can knit a skirt with it. (edit: Was 800 yards, now 500 yards due to having knit Felicity's dress with it)
- A sweater's worth of discontinued black possum worsted from Cherry Tree Hill's Labor Day sale. The plan has changed--I will use this for the Greek Pullover from IK Fall 2005. Once you knit a little with it, it's amazingly soft and fuzzy, like angora.
- Two skeins of beautifully soft royal blue Fonty angora. I think I will hold this together with the rest of my Oriental Jade Cotton Fleece to make an ocean-colored scarf. If not, it might go with the gray and blue sweater, but I don't think any other yarn will hold its own alongside the Kyoto. The color of the angora just looks flat when you look at the two together.
- Three skeins of SWTC Bamboo yarn in Azul (blues, greens, yellows) with which I intend to make a Lotus Blossom Tank from Interweave Knits Summer 2006, with the top converted to Magknits' Ballet Camisole sweetheart neckline.


ALL/MOSTLY USED UP
- Black DK (?) alpaca to do something with
- White silk hankies to dye and hand-spin
- Orange Classic Elite Miracle (alpaca/tencel) for a hat for me--I'm thinking of Shedir from Knitty
- Black Plymouth yarn for a balaclava for Rahul
- A sweater's worth of pink SWTC Optimum yarn. I haven't decided what to do with it--I'm thinking maybe a horizontally cabled yoke, or a large basketweave stitch, the Somewhat Cowl, or cables crossing at the chest like a twinset cardigan.

No comments: